Molly Lamb Bobak, née Lamb, was born in Vancouver in 1922. From 1938 to 1941, she studied at the Vancouver School of Art with J.L. Shadbolt. In 1942, Bobak joined the Canadian Women’s Army Corps and was appointed an official war artist with the Canadian army in Europe in 1945. She married Bruno Bobak in 1945, and they returned to Vancouver where Molly taught at the Vancouver School of Art until 1950. In 1960, the Bobak's moved to Fredericton, New Brunswick, with their two children, Alexander and Anny. After spending some time in Europe on a Canada Council fellowship, Molly returned to Fredericton and became an instructor at the University of New Brunswick Art Centre. She held this position until 1977. Her work is displayed at the National Gallery of Canada and in numerous other galleries in Canada and around the world. Bobak resided in Fredericton until her death in 2014.