Molly Lamb Bobak, née Lamb, was born in Vancouver in 1922. From 1938 to 1941, she studied at the Vancouver School of Art with J.L. Shadbolt. In 1942, Bobak joined the Canadian Women’s Army Corps and was appointed an official war artist with the Canadian army in Europe in 1945. She married Bruno Bobak in 1945, and they returned to Vancouver where Molly taught at the Vancouver School of Art until 1950. In 1960, the Bobak's moved to Fredericton, New Brunswick, with their two children, Alexander and Anny. After spending some time in Europe on a Canada Council fellowship, Molly returned to Fredericton and became an instructor at the University of New Brunswick Art Centre. She held this position until 1977. Her work is displayed at the National Gallery of Canada and in numerous other galleries in Canada and around the world. Bobak resided in Fredericton until her death in 2014.
Order of New Brunswick, 2002; Order of Canada, 1996; Elected to the Royal Canadian Academy of Arts, 1973; Canada Council fellowship for study in Europe, 1960; French Government scholarship for study in France, 1950; Graphic Art Society, First Prize, 1966; Canadian Army Art Competition, Third Prize, 1944.
Doctor of Fine Arts, Mount Allison University, 1984
Doctor of Letters, University of New Brunswick, 1983
Doctor of Laws, Saint Thomas University, 1994
Vancouver, BC; Fredericton, NB